Prepare students for TABE 11 & 12 is crucial to your class performance on the test.
Good adult ed instructors know how to utilize target standards, develop students’ skills and use testing materials to set students up for success.
You care for your students and want them to perform well on the TABE. But finding the right materials and tools to support your class is hard work.
As you probably know, understanding the TABE is one thing but how you prepare your students for it makes all the difference.
That leads us to the top 3 tools below that guides the way competent teachers prepare students for TABE 11 & 12.
1. Sample Practice Questions for TABE 11 & 12
Competent teachers use the new sample practice questions. These questions are available online. There are not a lot of them. But the question stems allow students to understand TABE test format and structure.
For example, some teachers even use these questions to develop or find practice materials that mimic TABE 11 & 12 format.
2. The Objective Structure of TABE 11/12
Teachers who care for their students make sure they understand the objective structure. This document presents the core content that should be taught and assessed in the classroom per subject area (Reading, Language, Math) and per levels (L, E, M, D, A).
This is a tool that allows responsible teachers to design lessons that cover key concepts and address essential skills that students need so they can perform well on TABE 11 and 12.
If you think this is important, wait till you see the test blueprint for reading, language and math.
3. TABE 11 & 12 Test Blueprint
Almost all proficient teachers utilize the TABE blueprint. Why shouldn’t you? Don’t stop reading now…
The test blueprint describes the percentage of content and the skills covered in each test per each level (L, E, M, D, A) and per subject matter (Reading, Language, Math).
In addition, this tool matches the content area with their appropriate standards. For example, Math level D test should cover the following:
- 11% functioning
- 18% geometry
- 18% expressions and equations
- 10% ratio and proportional relationships
- 22% statistics and probability
- 21 % the number system
Resources: TABE 11 and 12 Test prep books for adult-ed
- TABE 11 & 12 Math Practice Tests: 250 TABE 11 & 12 Math Questions with Step-by-Step Solutions by Exam SAM
- TABE 11&12 Student math manual level M (student book) by CBL
- The TABE 11&12 Student Manual for level D (student book) by CBL
- TABE Test Study Guide: Prep Book & Practice Test Questions for the Test of Adult Basic Education 11 & 12 Fundamentals Level A: by Test Prep Book
- TABE Test Study Guide 2018-2019: Exam Review Book and Practice Test Questions for the Test of Adult Basic Education 2018-2019 Edition by TABE Exam Prep Team
What tools would you like to add to the list? Feel free to add your input in the comment section. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this post in your adult ed network.