Let me guess. You are an honest person. You want to make an impact. But you don’t know how to develop leadership skills.
You wish to lead innovation, create the future, and advance your career but don’t know how to go about it. If you are looking for reliable advice on how to develop your leadership skills, you are reading the right blog.
The best way to become an effective leader is to pick great leaders’ brain. But how? By reading their books and listening to their speeches.
At CBL, we curate resources on leadership for our clients. These materials might not be for you. But feel free to go over the list below just in case you want to take a look.
- The Essential Demming: Leadership Principles from the Father of Quality by W. Edwards Demming. If you are looking for ways to become a true leader, this is the ultimate book for you. It offers pointers on why collective performance matters when you are trying to take a company or organization to the next level.
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. Written by the internationally renowned leadership expert John C. Maxwell, this book presents a clear explanation of 21 must-know leadership laws. It also teaches how to develop sharp leadership skills.
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek. This New York Times Bestseller explains the difference between self-centered vs. inspiring and servant leadership. This is a must-read for aspiring leaders who care.
- Eleven Rings: The Soul of Success is written by Phil Jackson, the man who coached Michael Jordan, Dennis Rodman, and Kobe Bryant by inspiring in them devotion towards sportsmanship. The book presents an unconventional approach to leadership based on selflessness, authenticity, and teamwork.
More on How to Develop Leadership Skills
- The Servant: A Simple Story About the True Essence of Leadership by James C. Hunter. Many so-called leaders misunderstand the essence of leadership. You can avoid this mistake by reading this book and applying your learning to make the world a better place.
- HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Leadership – This is a best-selling collection of the top 10 leadership articles of Harvard Business Review. Each article tackles a leadership challenge worth learning about.
- The Essential Drucker offers a toolbox of insights to reinforce your leadership cabinet. These essential principles by the Father of modern management, Peter F. Drucker, is a must-read for every aspiring leader.
PS: A few posts that you might have missed: