Change is the only constant element of life. So, knowing how to deal with change is a vital skill. The risk is, if you do not know how to change and upgrade yourself in today’s fast paced economy, you will soon become redundant and obsolete.
In other words, with new technologies and challenges making the headlines every minute, unless you know how to deal with change like a pro and learn new skills on the go, the innovation train will soon leave you behind.
I guess you wouldn’t want to be left behind in this cut-throat economy because catching up is painful and hard. Maybe you want to learn how to deal with change, but don’t know where to start.
The CBL team got your back. We keep a repertoire of tools for our clients. They might not be for you, but take a look at the list below because you never know.
- Future Shock by Alvin Toffler is a good read which focuses on the dynamic of change in the present versus the future. From highlighting the shift in globalization to domestic politics, the inconstancy of work and life is designed to provoke a change in you.
- The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future by Kevin Kelly is a not-to-be-missed book for those who wish to upgrade themselves according to the current and upcoming technological trends.
- The Heart of Change. This book, by leadership experts John Kotter and Dan Cohen, discusses the problematic nature of change. It describes why it’s hard to change people’s behaviors, including yours.
More on How to Deal with Change
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard. If you are looking for a book that will help you figure out a way to get around your limitations, this is the one for you. The authors Chip Heath and Dan Heath share insights on humans’ behavioral patterns and how to cope with limitations.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear. This book shares a formula and a framework for change. The author also explains how atomic habits and small alterations can result in massive change.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Dr. Stephen Covey is a silver jubilee bestseller that has transformed the lives of renowned CEOs, Presidents, educators, and students. Following the seven habits might completely change your life for the better.
PS: A few posts that you might have missed: